21. ——Are you going to Beijing by ______ train?
——No. I’m taking ______ car.
A. /; a B. a; the C. /; / D. the; a
22. My best friend Wang Ying said she would come ______ Saturday morning.
A. in B. to C. on D. at
23. This physics problem is kind of difficult. Not______can work it out.
A. everybody B. anybody C. somebody D. nobody
24. Jack and his friends often play sports or watch movies for ______ on weekends.
A. exercise B. wishes C. hobbies D. fun
25. ——We are going to the beach next month.
A. hears B. listens C. sees D. sounds
26. ——Gina is ill in hospital. She can’t come to school today.
A. I don’t think so
B. It doesn’t matter
C. I’m sorry to hear that
D. That’s not a good idea
27. I have ______ things to do. I can’t spend ______ time playing computer games.
A. too much; too many
B. too much; too much
C. too many; too much
D. too many; too many
28. I feel very ______. Please give me some water.
A. thirsty B. relaxed C. sad D. angry
29. He doesn’t feel well, so he ______ stop smoking.
A. has to B. doesn’t C. likes to D. have to
30. Thanks a lot for______ me ______ my English.
A. help; on B. helping; with
C. to help; about D. helping; to
31. I didn’t know your sister came back_____I met her in the street.
A. ago B. when C. until D. after
32. ——Would you like to visit the museum this Saturday? ——________.
A. Yes, please B. Sure, I’d love to
C. Yes, I would D. No, I wouldn’t
33. His mother often makes him ______ TV after supper.
A. watch B. watching C. to watch D. watches
34. ——How are you feeling today?
——Much ______. I think I can go to school tomorrow.
A. good B. well C. better D. best
35. There ______ rainy and windy in Yuncheng tomorrow.
A. will have B. will has C. is having D. will be
36. ——Did you go to the beach with them yesterday?
——No. I ______ go there. You know, I can’t swim.
A. sometimes B. often C. never D. usually
37. ——Tomorrow is Sunday. Are you going swimming?
——I’m not sure. It ______ the weather.
A. looks like B. waits for
C. looks after D. depends on
38. ——______ do you have a speech contest?
——Twice a year.
A. How long B. How much
C. How many D. How often
39. It’s very kind of you to ______ so much time showing me around your school.
A. spend B. take C. cost D. have
40. ——Tina, you didn’t come to school yesterday. ______? ——I had a high fever.
A. How about you
B. What was the matter
C. Where did you go
D. What do you do
Jack planned to celebrate (庆祝) his birthday in the afternoon. He would like to celebrate his birthday party in his 41 . As a middle school student, it was his first time to do so. He wanted 42 to know that he was a middle school student! Mike invited (邀请) his classmates to his party. His classmates 43 him many birthday presents (礼物). His mother made a big birthday cake and a lot of delicious food, and Jack 44 them to school. Some of Jack’s classmates played games and some ate food. Jack 45 very happy.
When the party was nearly (几乎) over, Mrs White, Jack’s teacher, came to the classroom 46 a small beautiful box in her hand. Jack was very 47 . “Happy Birthday, Jack.” Jack was so happy that he 48 know what to say. Mrs White said, “ 49 didn’t you tell me? I’d like to come here to celebrate the first birthday party in 50 class. Here’s my present for you.”
41. A. home B. office C. classroom D. restaurant
42. A. others B. another C. other D. they
43. A. thanked B. watched C. liked D. gave
44. A. took B. bought C. taught D. stopped
45. A. improved B. felt C. practiced D. talked
46. A. with B. on C. to D. in
47. A. opposite B. early C. boring D. surprised
48. A. doesn’t B. can’t C. didn’t D. isn’t
49. A. What B. Why C. Where D. When
50. A. his B. her C. their D. our
Mr White works in an office. He’s very busy and has no time to have a good rest. Every evening, when he comes back from his office, he’s always tired and wants to go to bed early. But his wife often has a lot of interesting things to tell him after dinner. She doesn’t stop talking until she falls asleep (入睡). But it’s usually too late and Mr White has to get up early in the morning when she is still sleeping.
One day Mr White felt terrible and couldn’t go to work. He decided to go to see a doctor. Mrs White went to the hospital with him. Before her husband said what was the matter with him, the woman told the doctor all. The doctor wrote out a prescription (处方). When Mrs White took the medicine to the doctor’s room, the doctor said to her, “The bottle of medicine is for your husband and the pills (药片) are for you.”
“For me?” the woman said in surprise. “I’m fine. I don’t need any medicine!”
“I don’t think so, madam,” said the doctor. “They are sleeping pills. Your husband will be all right soon if you take them.”
51. Mr White ______.
A. has time to have a good sleep
B. is busy but he can have a good sleep
C. isn’t tired and doesn’t like to go to bed early
D. can’t have a good rest because he’s too busy
52. Mr White’s wife ______ every evening.
A. works late B. writes things
C. keeps talking late D. watches TV late
53. Mr White has to get up when his wife is sleeping in the morning because ______.
A. he can’t fall asleep
B. he has to go to work
C. he doesn’t want to sleep
D. his wife asks him to get up
54. One day Mr White couldn’t go to work because ______.
A. he was ill
B. his wife was ill
C. his wife didn’t let him go
D. he didn’t want to go to work
55. The sentence “Your husband will be all right soon if you take them.” means Mr White will soon be all right if ______.
A. Mr White takes the pills
B. Mr White takes the bottle of medicine
C. Mrs White takes the bottle of medicine
D. Mrs White stops talking too much at night
Some people like to have friends who are different from them. Others like to have friends who are similar to them. What kind of friends do you want for yourself?
Join Date: March, 2011
Location: the United Kingdom
I like to have friends who are like me. Both my best friend Vades and I like traveling. We went to Italy last month and stayed there for a week. Next month we want to go to Paris. However, Vades is more athletic than me.
Join Date: April, 2011
I like to have friends who are like me. It can be very helpful. I’m a little quiet and my good friend Libby is quiet, too. Sometimes I don’t know what to do with my problems and she can tell me what I should do, because she knows about me better than people who are different from me.
Join Date: May, 2011
Hi, everyone! I had a cold last week and just got here. In my opinion, it is important to have both kinds of friends. That makes your life more interesting.
56. Where is Kate going next month?
A. To the USA. B. To the UK.
C. To Italy. D. To France.
57. What’s Libby like?
A. She’s as beautiful as Ditlady.
B. She’s more outgoing than Ditlady.
C. She’s as quiet as Ditlady.
D. She’s more athletic than Ditlady.
58. What was the matter with Harbinger last week?
A. He had a cold. B. He had a headache.
C. He had a fever. D. He had a toothache.
59. What kind of friends does Harbinger like to have?
A. Those who are different from him.
B. Those who are the same as him.
C. He doesn’t like to make friends.
D. He likes to have different kinds of friends.
60. What does the underlined word “similar” mean?
A. 一致的 B. 相似的 C. 友好的 D. 简单的