I made up my mind to drive to South Carolina to meet my friends in my used car. Though I had only been there once 1 and did not know the 2 very well. I was on the 3 after I had made some inquiries (询问).
At Ashvelle, there was a crossroad where I could go on along the main road or I could take a short cut. The short cut was to 4 several hills and was dangerous ,I hesitated (犹豫) for a little while and then chose the main road, for I wanted to be 5 .
Something strange happened after I drove a long 6 and found it was not the correct road that I wanted to 7 , but the hilly road I decided to avoid. I realized that it was at the 8 that I had made the 9 mistake. “What shall I do?” I asked myself .If I went back to take that road again, it would be very late by the time I got to Columbia. Thin it 10 , I decided to go on. “If 11 people can go along this road, why can’t I?” I 12 myself.
The short cut, to my surprise ,was not that 13 . In fact, it was only a very peaceful country road, 14 up and down two low 15 . There was 16 traffic. On both sides of the road, you could see trees, wild flowers, and 17 with cows and horses. My fear was 18 with the wind. Listening to the beautiful country music over my car stereo(立体声)，I drove on and 19 the scenery which was so quiet and so natural. Even my used car forgot to give me 20 . It was just in this light heartedness that I arrived at my destination. My friends, after they heard what had happened to me, all said it sounded like an adventure.
1. A. before B. ago C. already D. still
2. A. town B. country C. friends D. way
3. A. train B. car C. highway D .phone
4. A. have B. go C. ride D. cross
5. A. safe B. dangerous C. fast D. slow
6. A. moment B. way C. road D. day
7. A. come B. leave C. take D. drive
8. A. crossroad B. corner C. station D. beginning
9. A. direction B. road C. disappointed D. interesting
10. A. about B. over C. of D. up
11. A. another B. the other C. other D. others
12. A. asked B. forced C. encouraged D. told
13. A. far B. safe C. dangerous D. dirty
14. A. going B. coming C. driving D. walking
15. A. lands B. cars C. farms D. hills
16. A. heavy B. little C. few D. light
17. A. farms B. trucks C. houses D. villages
18. A. together B. gone C. covered D. coming
19. A. looked B. liked C. enjoyed D. found
20. A. happiness B. scenery C. joys D. problems
1~5 ADCDA 6~10 BCAAB 11~15 CCCAD 16~20 BABCD